The Lombard Mennonite Peace Center seeks to proclaim Christ’s good news, the gospel of peace and justice, and to be active in the sacred ministry of reconciliation, wherever and whenever we can.
- Learn how you as a leader can influence the health of your congregation – how to detect and avoid unhealthy patterns of living together in community
- Learn how to keep anxiety from becoming infectious
- Gain confidence in responding to challenges and opportunities
- Learn how to put limits on invasive behavior, manage reactivity, and overcome sabotage
- Discover how leaders can function as the congregation’s immune system
- Learn to focus on strengths, resources, options, and the future
The facilitator for such a program would be Richard Blackburn, LMPC Executive Director. He is an accredited training facilitator for the Healthy Congregations workshop, and has extensive training in family systems theory, as well as broad experience consulting with pastors and congregations from that theoretical framework
To see the standard outline of this workshop, click on the Workshop Flyer. Please note that this workshop schedule can be customized for groups if needed.
Sponsoring Healthy Congregations
Would you like to provide this training for a group at a time and place that is convenient for you? Your church, judicatory, or organization can sponsor this event in order to provide this training to your staff, leaders, or members of your community. For more information about sponsoring and hosting an LMPC training event in your area, call us at 630-627-0507, or email us at Admin@LMPeaceCenter.org.
Healthy Congregations is a workshop designed by Peter Steinke, author of the books How Your Church Family Works: Understanding Congregations as Emotional Systems and Healthy Congregations: A Systems Approach.
A key concept at the heart of Healthy Congregations is “self-differentiation,” meaning people’s capacity to calmly articulate what they think and value, and to act on that basis, while staying in active relationship with those who disagree.
This crucial training for both clergy and lay leaders is designed for presentation as a single, nine-hour workshop. It can be adapted for formats such as leadership retreats or an adult Sunday School series.
Lombard Mennonite Peace Center
Lombard, IL 60148